If this is your first time dropping by The Wading Pool, I want to thank you for visiting. If you’re a regular Wader, I’m thankful for you, too! New or long-time visitor, if you haven’t subscribed to the blog yet, please click that little red button over to the right (or at the bottom of this page if you’re reading on a mobile device). This will enable you to get the most recent content as soon as it becomes available, without it becoming buried in your social media feed.
In no particular order, here are a few things that might help you navigate the waters:
- What’s a Treenewt? It’s a nickname given me by my older brother and brother-in-law. If I remember right, it came about from going camping in the Blue Ridge Mountains by myself one year, just me and my guitar. My dad used to take us on family camping trips there every summer, so I’ve always loved those hills. If that makes me a Treenewt, I’m more than ok with it.
- Why “The Wading Pool?” This designation is once more thanks to my older brother (notice I keep using that age designation?). When I first started blogging over a decade ago, he remarked that he needed to put on hip waders in order to understand what I was righting, due to the depth. I thought it was funny, as I’m about as deep as a mud puddle, and decided it would make a good blog title.
- Why not “The Waiting Pool?” Some astute long-time readers will realize I shifted the title last year from “Wading” to “Waiting.” If you’re one of them, thanks for noticing the little things! We had been in a very long season of waiting for guidance in pretty much every area of our lives, and the title fits that season. However, as one season appears to be coming to a close and a new one beginning, I felt it appropriate to return to the original title of the blog. Not because of the depth of my posts, but rather the words of a good friend who once shared with me what he thought it meant. I’ll keep that to myself, but he knows who he is.
- Who writes? Usually, I write the content for the blog. However, I’ve been blessed to have my wife step in from time to time and write some AMAZING posts. She tells me she’s done, but I’m hoping she’s not. I think she has a gift and is quite honestly a better writer than I. If we’re lucky, she’ll be back.
- About me: I’m a follower of Jesus, a husband and a father of three wonderful kids. Those things are the non-negotiables. I don’t have all the answers, although if you know me a while I probably need to apologize for acting like I did. All I know is I love Jesus, and He loves us.